Drumsallen Primary School aims to involve parents fully in the education of their children and to inform them as far as possible about their children’s progress.
In general the arrangements for visiting the school are as follows:
Entrants to Primary 1:
- The Principal will be available, by arrangement to meet parents of prospective pupils.
- All parents of enrolled P1 children will be invited with their children to meet the P1 teacher and view the school in June 2010.
For entrants who have previously attended another school:
- An interview will be arranged with the Principal.
- Parents will be welcome to view the school premises.
- A meeting can be arranged with the prospective teacher(s) of the child or children.
After enrolment school visits
- One written report, following examinations in May will be written and parents are invited to discuss their child’s progress with the class teacher. Parents will also be invited into school in November and the end of February to discuss their child’s progress.
- Parents of children who will be transferring to Secondary Education in September 2011 will be invited to an interview to provide advice and guidance on the completion of the Transfer Report form.
Parent requested visits
Parents are always welcome to come to the school to discuss any aspect of their children’s progress. You should not hesitate to contact staff to seek advice on any matter, as small worries can become major concerns if not dealt with quickly. To avoid disruption of classroom work an appointment should be made at a mutually convenient time.